Saturday, September 5, 2009

Summary of the First Two/Three Weeks Part II

Now its Saturday afternoon September 5th and after another interesting nigh out last night to Piazza Navona and Campo di Fiori I'm ready to continue my story...

That first week went by really quickly. We had no classes until Monday and we only had one mandatory meeting on Friday. Basically we had 3 free days in Roma but of course we were all still trying to navigate and find out the city. I definitely ate out a lot because at the time I wasn't getting tired of Italian food like I am now. I also explored the city for what I needed, including finding the "supermarket" (really small) around the corner and shopping there. I also found a kebob place as its called that offers really the only alternative to italian food (theres also one near school). Besides that, EVERYTHING else is italain food practically. I also went to the walmart-like store Panorama and bought some basic stuff like boxers. The guys on the streets mostly sell women's clothing, and I dont wan't to buy boxers off them anyways. At night I went to this club by the river called la masione, which was fun. I also went and checked out the areas with all the pubs near Campo di Fiori. That's all I really remember for that first week, along with of course meeting tons of people and getting acquanted to Roma.

And of course because my apartment is really small me and my roommates petitioned for a room change request but as I type this im still in my triple room. Oh and I started reading the book Il Padrino, more commonly known as The Godfather, but I need to keep up reading it. Its pretty good. And of course I have to mention the weather; hot and even worse humid. I get sweaty and gross practically everyday. It gets annoying going out knowing you're going to get sweaty. But strangely enough the local italians don't sweat. They just get tanned. And because of all the walking there are no fat people under 30 in Italy. none. zero. nada. People know how to keep in shape and eat good healthy food. On that saturday I went to the beach with my roommates. That was a lot of fun because for once I didn't feel sweaty and gross. Then on Monday Italian class started. And since I have to eat breakfast its to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment