Monday, February 22, 2010

Travels Around Roma Part XIV: A.S. Roma vs. Basel

This is my second and final A.S. Roma soccer game that I went to.  This time it was some Swiss, and this time I had better seats.  I remember it was like the last week of my program (these posts are close to chronological order but not exact) and it was a lot of fun.  Practically everyone from my program was there so it was a lot of fun.  And we all know who won the game of course!


Here is the pre-game view, and this time I arrived early and I didn't miss two goals by Totti like last time.  I mean at the time A.S. Roma was like 11/20 in its group standings so the seats arent exactly full, but the games are still fun to go to and cheer and chant and see Totti (I'm wearing his National team jersey now) so that is priceless to me.  I got a sticker from this random guy there that says ULTRAS NO PROFIT and its still on my laptop.


They are getting ready to start the game! The field is almost ready! Someone in front of me is already waving their A.S. Roma-colored flag.  


The game has started.  Its only the third minute as you can see from the scoreboard so no score yet.  But that's about to change.  And what you see is the visitor's section, which is empty.  The A.S. Roma section is full of course with screaming fans.  I don't really know what those security guards in the green vests are doing since there are no people, but a job is a job.  


What's that, the score has changed!  Roma fell down 0-1 but then Totti scored on a penalty kick to even things up.  But will Roma win and get the full 3 points are stay tied and only get 1 point? Stay tuned...


Here is a view of the crowd cheering and celebrating.  They have their own Roma chant, and one for Totti, but I didn't really learn the words.  I just know it went... "Roma, Roma, Roma," then something else. 


And just to prove I was there, here is a picture of me before the game in my Roma shirt.  I've been told I should put in more pictures of myself so here. Enjoy...


What's that! A.S. Roma is ahead.  Some guy Vucinic scored in the 58th  minute to put A.S. Roma ahead for good.  Mark another win for A.S. Roma, and even though back then they were in the middle of the standings now (Feb 22nd, 2010) they are actually ahead of AC Milan and Juventus and are second in their division, as seen in the standings here.  


Well that's it for this post.  Stay tuned for more posts and always remember, Forza Roma!!! (go Roma) and Lazio Merda!!! (I'm not translating that one).  Lazio, our hated rival, is a horrible team as you can see in the standings.  They will never be better than Roma.  Roma sempre per la vida!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment